Our Mission and Vision
Since 1922, we have exclusively served as Industry’s Advocate™ and our mission is to create the best business environment in the United States for world-class advanced technology businesses to manufacture and headquarter their businesses for maximum productivity and profitability.
The Virginia Manufacturers Association develops constructive policies and activities on behalf of industry by serving as an advocate for legislative, regulatory, taxation, environmental, workplace, business law, insurance, and technology issues, and as an aggregator of business services for our Members. The VMA will serve as our Members’ primary resource for consultative services and programs which they require to remain highly competitive, technology-intensive and efficient organizations.
The VMA is a manufacturing trade association that is dedicated to excellence in:
- Legislative Action Center (LAC)
Free online resource for tracking all Federal and State legislation, elected officials and elections (includes media guide, legislative alerts, and voting scorecard)
- Legislative Wrap-Up Reports
All bills managed by the VMA during Virginia legislative session are measured and reported in this comprehensive document annually.
- Resolutions & Public Policies
White papers on various issues that are critical for Virginia’s manufacturers, including the Virginia Industrial Innovation Strategy as published by the VMA Board of Directors in May 2010.
- Steering Committees
Member committees drive the work of the VMA on critical manufacturing issues, including Taxation, Environmental Health Safety & Security, Energy Resources, Transportation and more.
- Discounted Business Services
Our exclusive member discounts represent thousands of dollars in savings and free services for your company and your employees.
- Service Providers Directory
The Virginia Manufacturers Association’s Service Providers Directory is designed to help people in each Virginia community easily find a business as needed. The Service Providers Directory gives a brief description of the business and the products and/or services available at each location
- Insurance, Risk Management, and Consulting Services
We provide uncommon flexibility and creativity in designing affordable, custom-tailored, and competitive insurance programs for our members.
NETWORKING EVENTS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Manufacturing Town Hall Meetings
Join us as we celebrate the VMA’s 90th Anniversary around the Commonwealth discussing key issues for industry with manufacturers and area stakeholders.
- Virginia Environmental Health & Safety Conference
The Commonwealth’s premier annual event on regulatory issues in partnership with the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), including an Virginia Environmental Excellence Program (VEEP) for Manufacturers.
- Virginia Industry Forum
This annual event brings leaders of industry and the Commonwealth together to raise the profile of manufacturing and the challenges for Virginia industry to remain globally competitive.
- Dream It Do It Virginia
Virginia’s Career Exploration and Employment Resource designed by industry to effectively introduce people to exciting careers in advanced technology fields, such as manufacturing, biotechnology, robotics and more as well as the education and training needed to claim these careers. See all DIDIVA newsletters here!
- Advanced Technology Career Center
As part of the complete solution developed to assist manufacturing in reducing the time to hire, a job board has been created to link prospective employees with prospective employers, including the opportunity for those posting their resume to indicate industry credentials obtained and for employers to search by those preferred.
- Training Programs
- Presentation of a Certificate to the Virginia Manufacturers Association Outreach for financially supporting the publication of “A Guide to Freshwater Invertebrates of North America by the Virginia Chapter of Soil and Water Conservation Society
- 2005 Honoring VMA Outreach for outstanding contribution and support to Environment Virginia for five years by the Virginia Military Institute Research Laboratories, Inc.
- 2004 Community Partnership Award by The Virginia Association of Science Teachers, Inc.
- 2002 Environmental Education Achievement Award by The Virginia Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- 2001 Environmental Education Achievement Award by The Virginia Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- We work to keep industry competitive through the management of legislation and regulation.
- We are the only organization that represents industry.
- Our organization is member driven and all of our board members are from industry.
- We also provide guidance to our affiliate National Association of Manufacturers on issues important to us here in Virginia
- Previously known for our advocacy program only, we have developed into an organization that also provides professional development and business services.