May 3, 2017 @ 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Creating a Culture of Sustainability:
Increasing Buy-In Through Communication
70% of all organizational change efforts fail according to Forbes. One reason for this is lack of buy-in from the organization. Does your staff play an active role in your environmental programs?
DEQ wants to help you integrate your environmental program into your company’s identity. Join us to learn about Creating a Culture of Sustainability: Increasing Buy-In Through Communication. This FREE webinar will take place Wednesday May 3rd at 1:00 pm EST.
- Learn how to communicate environmental programs to staff and upper management.
- Discover ways to increase awareness.
- Hear about different methods for getting buy-in.
- Roanoke Cement’s Lindsey Layman will discuss increasing employee involvement in environmental management using a blend of traditional and non-traditional techniques such as having pollution prevention teams and creating several habitats throughout the facility used for educational activities.
- General Electric’s Christian Simmers will discuss ideas and best practices on how to engage your workforce and make involvement in your EMS fun and exciting through recognition and reward programs. We will also discuss ways to engage management under two different circumstances, with and without corporate mandates, as these approaches may be considerably different.
To register for this webinar, click here.
If you have any questions contact us at VEEP@deq.virginia.gov.